lessons

The Things I Have Learned as a Sophomore in High School

June 09, 2017


As a student who just finished my sophomore year in high school, I would say it was very successful and honestly it went by soooo fast! I remember the first day of sophomore year: intimidating, nerve-wrecking and exciting. If I only knew then all the accomplishments that happened during the year, I would have been more confident. Well, now I know ;)

From receiving the grades I wanted, to receiving new positions made me reflect a lot on all the new things I have learnt over the year.

Lesson #1: Stressing doesn't make anything better.
  • This one is quite a personal one for me, because I ALWAYS stress. always. It is just this thing that I can't control, once I do something I always have this gut feeling of "what if." Honestly its quite bad, my friends don't even take it into consideration anymore because I always say "Oh my gosh, I don't think I did that well..." and end up getting a higher grade then them, if not even an 100. haha. Honestly, its quite funny but I really should realize that, stressing won't change anything that has happened and trust me, it won't make it any better.

Lesson #2: Tests do not define who you are.
  • In my experiences, whenever I didn't get the results I wanted, I always thought it was the end of the world. Although I make sure I study and do good on all of my tests, I noticed that even if I did bad in a test, for instance, "graphing and analyzing absolute values," it doesn't define who I am, nor determine your success in life. 

Lesson #3: Hard work pays off.

  • All I can say is that, there is nothing false about this statement. If you know what you want, and you truly desire something, you would need to work for it. It might be hard at the moment, but it will all be worth it by the end. :)

Lesson #4: The more you study, the easier the test.

  • This isn't anything new, but there were times that I was guilty of studying the night before a test... whoops? Although, I end up studying hard core, it isn't enough time to take the actual exam without any struggles. I always regret it after, but I end up doing it over again. :/ However, if you think about it, it's like lesson three above: if you study hard (even if you are having a hard time), you wouldn't need to stress and the test would be a breeze.

These are the things I have learned! What valuable lessons have you learned from school? Leave them in the comments below! xx






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment!
Comments are greatly appreciated! xx

Followers

Instagram