personal

The Day I Got Braces + The Experience!

April 23, 2017


April 12, 2017

As a girl who grew up with the "London look" I believe it was time for a change, especially since I have been waiting to put these on for quite a while.

A lot of people has reached out to me and said, "Congrats but I'm so sorry for you!" However, I respond by saying, "Thanks, I am actually really happy."

This might sound ironic especially because of the pain many have to endure during the process, but honestly, I could only smile during my appointment. :)

-- The Appointment--

As it was time for me to put on braces, I only expected to go to the orthodontist to get my teeth checked and to find out further actions that would need to be taken. In no way was I expecting to get it that day!!

As they were checking my teeth and consolidating everything to my mother (since I am only turning 16 soon)  out of nowhere the orthodontist says, "We would be able to do them now if you are ready."

Not even kidding - I almost cried.

I was so happy because for the past year I have been waiting on the edge of my seat and finally, it was the day.

As they walked me inside and sat me down, I was probably the most happiest and joyful person in the room. I was so ecstatic that I was even smiling during the procedure. 

They first cleaned my teeth and asked me which color of braces I would like and I personally decided to go with silver as it blends with the metal. As I am just starting my treatment, I was only applying my top set of braces for that day.

Afterwards, they glued the braces on and applied the wire. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt at all! It was sometimes uncomfortable but I was never in pain.

-- Post-Appointment --

I remember it honestly being the most weirdest feeling ever. It felt like there was something in the way of my teeth causing my lips the inability of closing them together. 

I came out of the office, literally in so many emotions: shocked, happy, overwhelmed, and excited.

You must be thinking, "Really, they are only braces!?" But for me, they are more than that. For waiting quite long I believe it is truly an accomplishment. As I feel like I would be a new person with a great smile after a year of braces. (Just to clarify, my teeth aren't bad, they are straight but they contain many gaps so this procedure is mostly for aesthetic purposes only.)

Anyways,

I was told the next day I would be in so much pain that I wont even be able to eat anything. Well, for me it wasn't really the case. 

I dont know if it was because I was just super excited and my happiness took over but I honestly didn't feel so much pain. 

Yes - it did hurt because I felt an immense amount of pressure but not to the point that I couldn't take it any longer. My sister had it in the past and she told me it hurt so badly and so have others, however, I was probably expecting so much pain that it honestly didn't compare to my thoughts.

-- Present --

As of now, it has been a week and a half and I can honestly say that I feel great! My teeth do feel very sensitive as it is still a little hard to eat but overall, everything is good.

I am very satisfied with my experience so far and I can't wait for the future! :)


Have you ever got braces? If so, how was your experience?
 Leave them in the comments below!






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment!
Comments are greatly appreciated! xx

Followers

Instagram